General Terms Of Service
The Boring But Necessary Stuff
Yes we know it is very boring but these are the rules of our business which you legally agree to abide by when you sign up for any of our services.
You need to be aware of these, after all we could have small print which ropes you in to making us coffee every day.
Read General Terms Of Service ⇓
Below are terms and conditions relating to the use of 3001web.com’s services.
Consent to Store Data
General Client Terms
1. Without exception all clients of 3001 web are required when signing up for services to provide the following:
- Clients full legal name
- Company/Website or trading name
- A full, current postal address
- Valid and functioning telephone contact details
These may be checked from time to time to ensure all contact details are current and valid.
Domain Name Registration
- You must make sure the domain name you wish to use for your hosting has been registered to you before applying for hosting with 3001 Web.
- The registration and use of your domain name are subject to the terms and conditions of use applied by the relevant Registrar you must ensure that you are aware of those terms and conditions and that you comply with them.
- We shall have no liability in respect of the use of any domain name registered by you. Any dispute between you and any other person/company must be resolved between the parties concerned we will not get involved in any way. We recommend you do not register any domain that is too close to the registered trademark of any company. (EG Yahooooooooo.com) In cases of legal dispute over a domain name, we reserve the right to suspend your hosting without giving reason until we are satisfied the dispute has been settled.
Web Site Hosting And Email
- We make no representation and give no warranty as to the accuracy or quality of information received by any person via the 3001 web mail Server and we shall have no liability for any loss or damage to any data stored on the Server.
- You represent, undertake and warrant to us that you will use the Web Site allocated to you only for lawful purposes and to promptly inform us if this clause or any subclause of this clause has been breached or you become aware that they may have been breached. In particular, you represent, warrant and undertake to us that:
- You will not use the Server in any manner which infringes any law or regulation or which infringes the rights of any third party, nor will you authorise or permit any other person to do so.
- You will not upload, post, link to or transmit:
- Any material which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, malicious, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, blasphemous, profane or otherwise objectionable in any way.Any material containing a virus or other hostile computer program.Any material which constitutes, or encourages the commission of, a criminal offence or which infringes any patent, trade mark, design right, copyright or any other intellectual property right or similar rights of any person which may subsist under the laws of any jurisdiction.Illegal Material – This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation.Warez – Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking. IP spoofing, etc., and encrypting of any of the above. Also, includes any sites which provide “links to” or “how to” information about such material.
Any file that you do not own the copyright to in the first person, including mp3’s, games (including mods, patches, and add-ons), free software, shareware, etc.
- You will not send bulk email whether opt-in or otherwise from our network. Nor will you promote a site hosted on our network using bulk email. Let us be clear on this if you use a bulk email service they will include the URL to your site. If enough people complain about the emails they send and we receive spam complaints we will have no other choice but to suspend your service pending a full enquiry.
- You will not employ programs which consume excessive system resources, including but not limited to processor cycles and memory.
- Chat/IRC and web proxy scripts are not allowed on our network under any circumstances. Streaming media can be a drain on web server resources and as such is not allowed. CGI based message forums which use flat file databases are often found to use excessive system resources, to avoid disappointment please use a PHP/ASP message forum. The use of webcam applications which maintain a constant FTP connection uploading an image at regular intervals is forbidden.
- Files that are not related to the use of your website may not be stored on our servers. We randomly check all accounts for none linked files using a spider. If you are storing non-related material on our server we will ask you to remove it. Refusal to co-operate may result in a service suspension.
- We reserve the right to temporarily suspend any site containing material we deem inappropriate until such times as that material is removed or you find another service provider. LEGAL adult content is allowed at the discretion of 3001 Web, please check with us before opening your account.
- You shall keep secure any identification, password and other confidential information relating to your account and shall notify us immediately of any known or suspected unauthorised use of your account or breach of security, including but not limited to loss, theft or unauthorised disclosure of your password or other security information.
- You will be responsible at all times for keeping a full backup of your site including all files, folders, emails, images and database backups where applicable.
- You shall procure that all mail is sent in accordance with applicable legislation and international anti-spam guidelines (including data protection legislation) and in a secure manner.
- In the case of an individual User, you warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
- While we will use every reasonable precaution to ensure the integrity and security of the Server, we do not guarantee that the Server will be free from unauthorised users or hackers and we shall be under no liability for non-receipt or misrouting of email or for any other failure of email.
- If you run a mailing list it MUST be hosted remotely NOT on the 3001 servers and it should conform with international anti-spam laws.We highly recommend that you use a third party service like Mail Chimp for sending out newsletters.
Use Of Images And Content
You guarantee that any text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other items you provided to 3001web during the design of your website are owned by you, are royalty free or you have full permission from the copyright owner to include said content. You agree that any image or content you add to your own site is owned by you or you have permission to use it.
Be aware that you can NOT simply use an image you find on a search engine on your site nor can you simply copy and paste content from another site. Both these things can be deemed as copyright theft and may be prosecuted by the copyright owner. Recently UK website owners were fined £5000 for using an image from Google in a blog.
If you are in doubt contact us and ask.
Should we receive a copyright complaint against your site we will immediately investigate. If we see that any content or images have been used without permission from the complaining parties site, we will without notice suspend your site until such infringing material is removed.
Newsletters And Mailing Lists
1. If you wish to send newsletters or have a regular members mailing list you MUST WITHOUT EXCEPTION use a legal double-opt-in mailing program.
2. In all newsletters, your subscribers MUST be presented with a link to remove their email address from your list immediately. We are sorry but “reply with unsubscribe” to be removed is not acceptable.
3. Your mailing list software should record the IP address the user signed up from to safeguard you from spam complaints.
4. Your list must not send more than 200 emails an hour so please make sure your mailing program is throttled to that limit.
We highly recommend that you use a third party service like Mail Chimp for sending out newsletters. It will be cheaper and more effective than using your own mailing script.
1. We shall endeavour to make available to you at all times the Server and the Services, but we shall not, in any event, be liable for interruptions of Service or down-time of the Server. 3001 Web will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. We make no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services we provide. We disclaim any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions caused by 3001 Web and its employees. 3001 Web reserves the right to revise its policies at any time.
The service may not be available during times that we need to schedule essential maintenance to any server in our network. These occasions are rare and will usually be scheduled for the early hours of the morning in the country the server is located in to minimise disruption to your business.
Please be aware that servers are like your own computers they need maintenance to keep running smoothly. It is always our aim at 3001 web to keep our servers as healthy as they can be. This WILL involve occasional maintenance time.
Use Of Web Scripts
The use of PHP or asp scripts is allowed on the 3001 Web servers with the following conditions:
1. All commercial scripts including but not limited to: shopping cart scripts, cms scripts, WordPress and other web based programming MUST be kept up to date. Should the authors of your programme release a security update it must be installed IMMEDIATELY or as soon as is practically possible. 3001 web reserves the right to temporarily suspend any site using outdated or insecure scripts.
If you do not have the time or experience to do these updates yourself please upgrade to one of our managed hosting pakages and we will do them for you automatically.
2. Scripts that require “globals on” are a security risk to any server, and therefore are not permitted on our servers. Please check with the authors of your scripts for a version that can run with globals turned off.
3. WYSIWYG server based scripts are not allowed at 3001web for security purposes. There are many PC based WYSIWYG programs available it is not necessary for this kind of program to be run on the server. This does not apply to built-in editors in programs like Cubecart. If you are unsure whether a program you use qualifies please contact support. (This does not apply to text or visual editors included in WordPress or Opencart)
3001 Web reserves the right to change these terms of service at any time. All clients will be notified by email of any changes.
ALL pages on 3001 web are encrypted to protect your privacy. Our site is secured by Let's Encrypt 256 bit encryption.